Jio made internet in India available at an affordable price which helped many to access the internet from their mobile device. My Jio is an app used to check the details like data usage, account details on the mobile phone. Here we will see how to download and use My Jio app for PC running on Windows 7 and Up.
My Jio is one among the apps which were bundled as a package by Reliance Jio when it was launched. Users have the option to select and install one-by-one or install the whole bundle including many other apps, which doesn’t seem useful for normal users.
My Jio app can be easily downloaded and installed on any Android or IOS devices from their respective app stores. One can install the My Jio app within a few taps on their smartphone.
Here, Reliance did not provide any dedicated My Jio app for PC. But we will be running My Jio app on windows using something called as an Android Emulator. If you are new to this Android emulator kind of “thing”, don’t worry we will guide through the complete procedure to download and install My Jio app for PC on any PC running Windows 10,8.1,8,7 Operating systems. We will be using Bluestacks Android Emulator.
System Requirements For Running Bluestacks
- ADMINISTRATOR privileges to Install software and Run them.
- Operating System: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3
- RAM: Minimum 2GB. More the amount of RAM, the better.
- Storage Space: 4GB. If you intend to run more apps and games, then it varies. If your purpose is running a few apps like My Jio for PC, then only a few amount of storage space is required.
- Processor: Any Compatible Intel or AMD Processor
Steps To Install My Jio App For Windows PC
- Since Jio does not provide a dedicated My Jio app for windows, we will be using Bluestacks to run the My Jio app for PC. (It is better to download Bluestacks 3 because Bluestacks 4 might have some issues running some apps.) You are free to try and find out yourself if it works on Bluestacks 4. You can download Bluestacks3 from the official link given below.
- Once you have downloaded the Official Bluestacks 3 Android emulator from the above link, double-click the downloaded “exe” file to run the app and click Yes if Windows asks for permission to run the emulator.
- Click on Install Now on the next screen
- Bluestacks will begin with the installation. It will take a few minutes to install the software, depending on your system specifications.
- Once the installation is finished, click on Complete. You may Untick if you don’t want to start Bluestacks now and can Run it by double-clicking the icon. This is up to you.
- During the first start, you will be asked to select the language of your choice and log in to your Google Play account. Provide the email id and password which you are using to normally sign in to your Google Play account, or if you want a new account to use on Bluestacks, you may create a new one and enter the credentials.
- Head over to Home -> System App and click on Google Play.
- On the Google Play search bar, type My Jio and Install the app.
- Provide the necessary permissions and wait for the installation to complete. Once the My Jio app for PC is installed on the Windows PC, click on it to run the app using the emulator.
- Once the app is launched using the Bluestacks emulator, click on Login and select the service which you want, SIM, JioFI or any other.
- Enter the mobile number and wait for the OTP to arrive in your Jio number. Or you can log in using Jio ID and Password. Click proceed after entering the credentials.
Benefits of My Jio App for PC
- Installing My Jio App on PC lets you access all the details regarding your connection through your computer, just like how it shows on mobile.
- You can monitor the data usage through your PC
- Recharge and check Plans and Pricing through PC.
- If you are tethering data from the mobile phone, then it is convenient to check the data consumption from the PC itself without checking your mobile.